Providing the lowest cost per pound of gain since 1963.
The Tend-R-Leen program, first introduced in 1963, created the concept of no-roughage feeding for dairy and beef steers. Today, over fifty years later, the program has fed over 10 million steers and is the dominant leader in economic return for the producer.
The program is based on obtaining market weight within 12 months, creating a fully lean carcass.
It is ideal for existing dairy operations, as well as retired dairy producers, commercial feedlots, and calf growers. The Tend-R-Leen program offers producers a tested method to significantly supplement cash flow and operation returns with low inputs.
- Over 50 years of proven success from coast to coast.
- Over 10 million steers fed on the Tend-R-Leen program.
- Lowest cost per pound of gain from the farm to the feedlot.
- The simplest program requiring no grinding or processing of corn.
- Less equipment and labor required.
- Easily adapt an existing facility to fit program.
- Up to 50% less manure.
- Average daily gains up to 3.2 pounds or better.
- Less than 6:1 feed to gain ratio from birth to market.
- Less than 7:1 feed to gain ration for heavy short-term cattle.
- Cattle yield high quality, lean, tender meat that meets consumer and packers demands.
- No competitive program has every been able to document research and results that beat the Tend-R-Leen program.
The Tend-R-Leen Program
Stage 1: Birth - weaning
|Birth to 3 days old||Colostrum|
3 days to 38 days old
|Tend-R-Leen milk replacer||50 pounds|
|Free choice Tend-R-Leen calf starter||50 pounds|
Stage 2: Growing phase
39 days to 120 days old
|Tend-R-Leen grower formula
|Free choice dry whole shell corn||520 pounds (<10 bushels)|
Stage 3: Finishing phase
120 days to finish
(347 - 1297 lbs.)
(1 1/2 lbs./hd/day)
|Free choice dry whole shell corn||4,929 pounds (88 bushels)|
|Free choice trace mineral salt|